Global Alzheimer's Study
Palm Beach Neurological Center is participating in a global clinical research study to prevent or delay Alzheimer’s disease in cognitively healthy, older individuals that have been identified with one or two major genetic risk factors for the onset of Alzheimer’s disease. It tests to determine if they carry one or two copies of the apolipoprotein E4 (APOE) gene, the major genetic risk factor for late-onset Alzheimer’s disease. Call 561 282-5546 for more information.
Listen to our latest Radio Spot
Understanding Your Condition
Forgetfulness or Something More Serious?
Older people often begin to notice a decline in their memory, but they may not realize how much memory loss is
“normal,” and what could be a sign of something more serious.
Choosing a Neurologist.
You should be comfortable with you doctor and trust his/her information and treatment
Some key points to consider.
- Specialization: Does their specialization support your needs?
- Location: Is their office accessible to you?
- Health Insurance: Check that your treatment will be covered.
- Reputation: Research doctors online for positive and negative reviews.
- Consult with your healthcare provider.
Remember – the choice for whom to see for treatment is in your hands. Not comfortable with your doctor? Look elsewhere.