11 Oct Novo Nordisk Evoke & Evoke + Alzheimer’s Clinical Study
About this study:
This study is done to see if the new medicine called semaglutide can help people with early Alzheimer’s disease. This will be done by comparing semaglutide against placebo on the effect on cognition and daily functioning.
Who can participate in this study?
To be eligible for this study, you must be:
- Between 55-85 years of age
- Diagnosis of Alzheimer’s disease in the stage of mild cognitive impairment (MCI) or mild dementia
- A study partner who will accompany you to all study visits
The study includes:
- Memory tests and questionnaires on how well you manage daily routines.
- A brain MRI or CT scan to look at brain structure.
- Blood samples
- A PET brain scan or a spinal tap to test for amyloid (a protein involved in Alzheimer’s disease).
What are my costs to take part in this trial?
All tests and procedures that are part of the study and the study visits are provided at no charge to you or your insurance company.
How to get started:
Step 1: Contact our study coordinator, and he/she will give you information and help determine if you qualify.
Step 2: Find out if you are eligible. The study staff will ask some health questions and may do a medical evaluation to see if you meet the requirements.